Language, Literacy & Numeracy Specialist – Tennant Creek
Salary & conditions:
Base salary $80,000 full-time contract (part-time pro-rata can be negotiated) plus superannuation.
Salary sacrificing available.
25 days annual leave pro rata and rostered day off every 6 weeks.
Some assistance for housing available.
Working under the direction of the National Campaign Manager, the LLN Specialist is responsible to work on the Aboriginal Adult Literacy Campaign:
- Being trained in the ‘Yes I Can’ (YIC) adult literacy method
- Implementing the YIC and Post Literacy phases of the Campaign
- Contributing to ongoing socialisation and mobilisation of the Campaign in the community with organisations and service providers and participating in the local Campaign Steering Group
- Oversighting the classroom and daily training of classroom facilitators in lesson preparation, delivery and monitoring student progress
- Supporting students to consolidate foundation skills throughout Phase 3 Post Literacy
- Oversighting the reporting of classroom data and mentoring local staff in this role
- Providing progress reports to the CPO & National Campaign Manager
- Other duties as required by the Executive Director
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Experience in adult education, community development or language, literacy, numeracy and digital literacy (LLND) training with relevant tertiary qualification in one of these areas or equivalent
- Experience working with First Nations peoples and/or remote communities
- Sound administrative, communication and computing skills
- ESL qualifications and/or experience
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. Please send a covering letter and resume to [email protected]