Literacy For Life Foundation is seeking applications from highly motivated and experienced professionals to join our team. Since starting in Wilcannia in 2012 the Campaign has run in 8 western NSW communities, graduating over 150 students. In 2016 we began in Walgett and in 2018 we plan to run a third class in Walgett and start in nearby Collarenebri.
- Be part of a grassroots approach to combat Indigenous inequalities
- Hands-on position implementing an innovative, high impact, literacy campaign –full training in model provided
- 12 month assignment – once in a lifetime opportunity
- Attractive remuneration package for the right candidate with a base salary of $80,000
About the Role
The Campaign Project Officer will implement the three phase Yes, I Can! model in both sites. Download a copy of the Position Description.
Selection criteria: skills and experience
- Ability to work under Aboriginal leadership
- Willingness to undertake an ongoing program of Professional Development in the Literacy Campaign Model and its implementation
- Capacity to live and work in an isolated region
- 3 years’ experience working in Aboriginal Communities or equivalent
- Experience in adult education and/or community development
- Highly motivated with excellent community organising skills
- Outstanding written and IT communication skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in adult education and training, adult literacy, community development or equivalent
- Current Driver Licence and own vehicle
- Available to start November 2017
All inquires can be directed to [email protected].
How to apply
Your application should consist of:
- A covering letter outlining why you want to work with Literacy for Life Foundation in this role.
- Claims against the selection criteria, outlined above.
- Current resume (qualifications and experience) tailored to suit this role.
- Names and contact details of two referees, including a recent supervisor.
Applications to be submitted to [email protected] by 10 October 2017. All applications treated in confidence.