● Be part of grassroots approach to combat Indigenous inequalities
● Hands-on position implementing an innovative, high impact, literacy campaign –full training in model provided
● 12 month assignment – once in a lifetime opportunity
● Attractive remuneration package for the right candidate with a base salary of $80,000 plus superannuation
Literacy for Life Foundation is seeking applications from highly motivated and experienced professionals to join our team. Since starting in Wilcannia in 2012 the Campaign has run in 8 regional NSW communities graduating over 170 students. Southwest Sydney will be the first metropolitan application of our model of adult literacy campaigning.
About the Role
The Campaign Project Officer will help recruit and train local staff to deliver the campaign as well as ensure community leaders and representatives participate in campaign decisions and delivery. Download a copy of the Position Description.
Selection criteria: skills and experience
● Ability to work under Aboriginal leadership
● Willingness to undertake an ongoing program of Professional Development in the Literacy Campaign Model and its implementation
● 3 years’ experience working in Aboriginal Communities or equivalent
● Experience in adult education and /or community development
● Highly motivated with excellent community organising skills
● Outstanding written and IT communication skills
● Relevant tertiary qualifications in adult education & training, adult literacy, community development or equivalent
● Current Driver Licence and own vehicle
● Available to start September 2018
All other inquiries can be directed to [email protected].
How to apply
Your application should consist of:
● A covering letter outlining why you want to work with Literacy for Life Foundation in this role and addressing the selection criteria.
● Current resume
● Names and contact details of two referees including a recent supervisor.
Applications to be submitted to [email protected] by 24 August 2018. All applications treated in confidence.