For our Elders is the theme of NAIDOC Week 2023, which runs from July 2 till July 9.
The official NAIDOC Week website is a great resource for finding out how you can help mark this important celebration.
One way to show your support and to celebrate NAIDOC is to make a one-off or monthly donation to Literacy for Life Foundation.
As an Aboriginal charity we are focussed on supporting local communities to lift literacy levels, through training local people to run adult literacy Campaigns.
These community-led Campaigns give people that missed out on learning to read and write a second chance at education.
Many of our students sign up so they can learn to read books to their children or grandchildren.
They want to be literacy leaders in their community, acting as role models for the next generation.
If you’d like to learn more about our work and show your support this NAIDOC Week here are some simple suggestions:
- Make a monthly or one-off donation
- Click through to view a special NAIDOC Week photo gallery of our work
- Catch the beautiful feature documentary on our work, In My Own Words
- Sign up to receive regular updates about our Literacy Campaigns
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn
- Take an in-depth look at our work by exploring this comprehensive list of relevant research
- Find out more about what we do via media coverage – including:
Make NAIDOC Week 2023 a celebration For Our Elders and be part of lifting adult literacy.